Community Development/ Planning
Hours open to the public:
By Appointment Only due to COVID-19
"PREPARING FOR THE FUTURE" a long-standing mission carried out for the benefit of this community's citizens and future generations through:
- Responsive, accurate, consistent, helpful and honest service to our citizens and customers.
- Aggressively pursuing meaningful citizen involvement in all planning endeavors.
- Active staff support for our citizen volunteers serving on the Planning Commission, Historic Landmarks Commission, Urban Renewal, and Ad Hoc Committees.
- Determined implementation of adopted plans, programs and policies.
- Helping to foster a climate of cooperation among City personnel, local citizens, special interest groups, and State and Federal agencies.
The Community Development Department is responsible for:
- Current and Long Range Planning within the entire Urban Growth Boundary
- Right-of-Way Coordination
- Historic Landmarks
- Urban Renewal
- Enterprise Zone Program
- Other special projects as assigned
LUDO (Land Use Development Ordinance)
Siting a Business in The Dalles Guidelines
Siting a Business in Wasco County Guidelines