Urban Renewal Grant Program
Find grant program documents here:
- Urban Renewal Incentive Fund Program Guidelines
- Español...Programa de Incentivos de Renovación Urbana
- Grant Application Form -- fillable form
- Urban Renewal Boundary Map
- Columbia Gateway/Centro Mapa de Límites de Renovación Urbana
Application and Approval Process
The Agency anticipates screening, reviewing, and scoring submitted and complete applications within 30 days following submission of a complete application. Applications requiring public review at an Agency Board meeting are intended to be reviewed and scored within 60 days following submission of a complete application.
- Contact Agency staff at CDD@ci.the-dalles.or.us or 541-370-1240 to first assess eligibility and funding availability. Use this time to discuss the potential Project.
- Identify overall development program, Project elements, scope of work, and estimated costs.
- Complete and submit the Application package to Agency staff.
- Agency staff will screen for and determine the Applicant’s official eligibility for an Incentive Program Grant and clarity and completeness of the submitted Application.
- Less than $50,000: For all eligible Applications seeking less than $50,000 in Grant funding, the Agency Manager shall review and score each Application before making a final approval or denial.
- $50,000 or more: Eligible Applications seeking $50,000 or more in Grant funding will be reviewed publicly at a regular meeting of the Agency Board where the Agency Board shall score and make a final approval or denial.
- Successful Applicants will receive a Letter of Grant Award and Grant Agreement establishing the Grant amount, performance requirements, specific conditions, requirements for reimbursement or SDC credit, and the anticipated Grant disbursement schedule. Note: prior to commencing construction and receiving any grant disbursement, the successful Project will be required to obtain all needed land use, building permit, and related approvals.