Traffic Safety Commission
Click Here for access to Traffic Safety Commission agendas and minutes from 1977 to current.
Please note the records are in chronological order from newest to oldest.
The Dalles City Council created the Traffic Safety Commission in 1973. The Commission is an advisory body that forwards recommendations to the Public Works Director. Recommendations may then be forwarded to the City Manager.
The purpose of The Dalles Traffic Safety Commission is:
- To coordinate traffic planning.
- To conduct traffic surveys, studies and investigations.
- To prepare and publish traffic reports as requested.
- To prepare and recommend proposals for improving traffic conditions.
- To hold public hearings relating to traffic control problems, proposals and solutions.
- The Planning Commission or City Council may refer matters to the Traffic and Safety Commission for their review and input.
The Mayor appoints members of the Commission. The term of service is four years. Members can serve two consecutive terms. Qualified applicants will preferably have experience or expertise related to traffic safety issues. But there are no specific requirements on living locations, education or experience. Click here to apply.
The Transportation System Plan and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Transition Plan Addendum is on the Community Development Department webpage.
Contact information for the ADA Coordinator is on the Engineering webpage.
For more information contact Public Works or call 541-296-5401.